PPD? Or just overly stressed?

Hi moms! Baby turned 1 year bout a week ago. I’ve been very overwhelmed with being the main caregiver for baby and also going to work. I’ve tendered my resignation back in dec because I was under a lot of stress since my job had a lot of demands that I cant fulfill. It’s just days away till I officially leave but it gets heavier. I’ve used up ccl and have also applied leave to not physically be at work because mentally, I’m not able to cope. I’m not sure if anyone understands but it seems like people at work just wants to be there to do work while mentally, I’m just crying every other day because I can’t wait to get off work. I’m really stressed and sometimes wish I was in an accident instead. I really don’t know what to do as of now till the next few days :( #FTM #firsttimemom #bantusharing

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Being first time mum, the feeling of overwhelm due to work, chores, home, baby, spouse can be very daunting for us. Esp if we don't have a helping hand. It is normal and okay to feel this way. But, don't keep to yourself, instead share with you spouse as he should be your pillar of strength. If you are a single mum, then it would be your closest friends or family. First thing first, gd that youve resigned and you can now focus on your LO. Don't think of the draggy days that's ending soon. Instead you should just be positive and telling yourself to finish the last lap before it ends. Look on the bright side of your fellow colleagues thats closest and having to spend the last few days weeks with them before you leave. I mean, it can be shitty and we hope it will end fast. But not at all. It helps us one way or another. Then, soon as you are at home with your LO, it will be a different experience for you hence you may missed the work moment. But, then again it depends on individual. Just wish you the best of luck, think positive, stay calm.Hugs ❤

Read more