Prep for Baby

Hi Mommies! Im currently 22wks and am thinking when is the time to start preparing for baby’s stuff. What are the things that is important to get? Also, i will be borrowing spectra pump from a friend (pink one). Is this is a dual or single pump? Are there parts that I should change? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest soon if you're okay with it! I waited it out till third tri and unexpectedly facing the various lockdown / circuit breaker measures, deliveries have slowed down significantly. Additionally, some items that you want may need additional time to be shipped into Singapore. I ordered my bulky baby items in March before CB kicked in and even now the adult bed frame for the nursery is still stuck in msia. Some of the items took about 1 mth to be delivered. I'm term next week, so I think this period is just not ideal for waiting till third tri to order stuff :/ They shd both be dual pumps. Just that the pink one doesn't come with an in-built battery, if I'm not wrong. So you do have to use it with a power point. The suggestions I got from different mummies were to get your own parts. Partly for hygiene and partly I was told that their breast milk smell lingered on the parts. Also, I read up that parts do wear and tear with use, and spectra recommends changing different parts at different intervals. Info on changing intervals can be easily found online :) You'll need to get the flange, backflow protector, valve and tubing at least. There are various bottles compatible with spectra. I personally went with Philip Avent ones so I don't need an adapter. Agree with the mummy who mentioned that getting the right breastshield/ flange will help optimize yield and it will also reduce discomfort. Most of us have different measurements for each nipple, and spectra doesn't cater to smaller sizes. Maymom has way more sizes and their parts work for Spectra pumps. Spectra parts are way cheaper on qoo10 (mostly shipped from Korea). Maymom parts can be found on qoo10 but I got from pupsik because on their website, each item came with details on whether the part works with spectra and which milk bottles are compatible, it's just less confusing and the prices are about the same as qoo10.

Read more

Hi, you can start to prepare already! I suggest not to drag too long as by then you will be super tired.. Check what are the things your hospital provide before buying! For me, important items are Diaper, baby lotion, body wash / shampoo, barrier cream, bathtub (some hospital give when deliver), baby clothes, detergent, swaddles, blanket, small handkerchief for wiping saliva/milk Baby cot, changing mat, baby carrier, stroller. Milk bottles, milk storage bag, steriliser, bottle wash detergent, rocker or something similar for baby to nap on.

Read more

Spectra pink one I assume is the big hospital grade one? It's better to purchase your own spare parts. Looking on qoo10. E. G. Flange, bottle, backflow, valve. These items wear off over time. Note that flange size have to purchase according to your nipple size to maximise output