Which should I get?

Mummies please help! I'm a SAHM and I am currently 22 weeks pregnant. I have planned to breastfeed my baby but thing is I will be doing housechores all that so I might need a breastpump to help too. I'll be at home most of the time and I planned to bf my baby when we go out but pump for more stash to stock up for feedings at home. Should I just get a Haakaa to catch the overflowing milk, get a cheap electrical pump or get a branded one like Spectra? #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

haakaa is just a milk collector. if you want to build stash then you have to get a pump. I had both a haakaa and pump. I nurse when I'm out and I just bought along haakaa incase I feel full need to release some milk. and it's so much easier to nurse on the go. at home I will pump. and bottle feed baby.

Read more

Ya maybe u need to get something portable so you do housework and pump. They have a few like freemie, pigeon gomini. But I’m not really sure how good they are. I have the S1. But it is bulky if u want to always be on the move.

4y ago

I never really try a lot of other Brand’s before. I’ve tried Philips avent, s1 and spectra 9+. Avent was okay only. S1 definitely has a better suction, and more levels also. While avent only 3. Plus s1 is so much quieter + have a light if u need to pump at night. I also use it for nightlight now. Hahah. S9 I use in office. To be honest s9 on batteries not that great. Like the suction isn’t as strong as when it’s on power. But no choice, cause my pump corner at work no power plug. My cousin using pumpables and she said it’s good though, if u want to look into that. Think it’s slightly smaller than s1. Maybe around the same size avent.

VIP Member

spectra is generally good. or u can consider haenim. very sleek and portable

4y ago

Yes I'm torn between these 2 brands actually. But spectra is bulky, right?

Spectra