Oscar screening or harmoni/panorama screening?

Hi Mommies, Im 30y.o n having my 1st pregnancy at 10weeks+ now. Doctor had suggested me to do some screening on my next visit which is on 12th weeks to check the risk of having down syndrome baby. This issue has been giving quite alot of stress recently, i’ve asked around. Some of my friends did oscar n gotten quite high risk n end up depressed n stress for the next few mths but aftr gv birth, her baby turn out to be normal (thanks god). My husband n my mom not allowed me to do since the result is just by percentage instead of Yes/No. but I cant stop worrying about this, i rly hope my baby is healthy. So my husband suggested to do panorama/harmoni due to the result is 99% accurate while Oscar is only 90% but cost wise panorama/harmoni rly cost a bomb! Can anyone advise me, does it necessary to do this screening? Does the result accurate? Have u all done any screening that i mentioned? Thanks, sorry for the long post.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I'm 30yo this year too and expecting my 1st child (presently at my 16th week). I have the exact same concern as you but did Oscar test in the end as Paranoma test is really on a high side in terms of $$. If you want a peace of mind, you can do Oscar test too. Unless you're saying regardless of the result, you're gonna keep the baby then tbh, you don't have to do any test just because many mummies around you are doing. It have dawned on me that sometimes the more we read up or compare with others, indirectly, it is causing us to feel unnecessary stress too. Let's take a little faith in our pregnancy journey together:)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks mommy, i cant stop thinking abt it and i kept dream abt having defect baby which very stressful n keep end up waking up n cry. Haiss, i think for the piece of mind my husband asked me to do panorama/harmony. Bcos he cant bear to see me keep crying

I did Oscar when I was 29+ (First time mum) and cos baby wasn't cooperative during the scan, I had false positive result, end up doing Harmony too... If possible go straight to Harmony test, higher accuracy... Some mummies don't bother to do for subsequent children when their 1st was good.

VIP Member

Do it for a peace of mind. I did both Oscar and panorama 😹 abit excessive but it was our first child and we wanted to be sure. Expensive definitely but $ can be earned back again.

To have a peace of mine go for paranormal. Although it's expensive but it test for 4 types of down syndrome + also test for gender. $wise you can earn it back.

4y ago

Well said mommy, $ can earn it back.

I'm like you will keep thinking so for a peace of mind and more to be prepared mentally,I went for Harmony and not regretting it one bit.

VIP Member

If you are certain that you will keep your baby no matter what happens, I would advise u not to do the test or just do Oscar.

4y ago

Thanks for the input, yeah i think i will just skip the test. Trying my best not to think too much. Cos i almost everynight dream abt having defect baby, n i end up wokeup crying. Haisss.

We had harmony test to have a peace of mind. It costs a lot more than Oscar but money well spent.

I did Oscar. My results showed ratio 1:998+ and did not proceed to do harmoni.

We opt out for the scan and baby is ok...

TapFluencer

I got panorama for peace if mind :)