Absent Nasal Bone

My heart sank when they couldn’t detect the nasal bone during the OSCAR screening...therefore the risk of baby having Down Syndrome is high at 1:103 and Trisomy 18 is intermediate. This is really stressful sigh.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not to worry so much if it's during first trimester scan as I got the same result from Oscar scan but my doctor recommended me to go for NICE+ test to further confirm and result turned out as low risk. Now I already had my second trimester scan and nasal bone can be seen. Asian tends to developed nasal bone later it seems.

Read more
4y ago

Hi I received the NIPT results, thankfully it’s low risk! Was a roller coaster ride for sure...

don’t worry; i have friends who had similar results for oscar screenings. but their babies didn’t have down syndrome. when will your advanced test results be out?

4y ago

Hi I received the NIPT results, thankfully it’s low risk! Looks like baby just has a flat nose

Which week did you get your screening done? If it's week 12, maybe baby need more time to develop. Sometimes it's the baby's angle during scanning too.

VIP Member

Sending lots of hugs and love. Stay strong mummy! Hang in there.

4y ago

Thank you:)

Super Mum

Hugs, dear. This must be very difficult news to hear...

4y ago

Thanks dear...indeed it’s a bitter pill to swallow...can only wait for further test results to be out.

Stay strong mummy

4y ago

Thank you! My subsequent NIPT results states low risk, thankfully. :)