Is light spotting normal on early pregnancy?

Hi mommies.. Can I ask if you have experienced some spotting for days like light brown and sometimes red during your early pregnancy? Is it just normal or something is off and should seek the OB attention immediately? Thanks for the inputs.

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy. I am 5 wks pregnant. On 25th Dec,I had bleeding like not a lot but urine there will be string of blood then my urine is red. I thoughtit was my period cos I was a day late. Then at night till next morning it stopped. I wasn't feeling good since before that I had some signs that I might be pregnant but I brushed it away cos I tested a week b4 & negative. But strong feeling to test & i saw faint lines. I was shocked & worried. Then went to get a digital & watson test kit. I bleed again. Then it was faint still but clearer & digital stated 1-2 wks pregnant. I called NUH & they asked to go to A&E since I'm bleeding. Had slight cramps. Found out im into early pregnancy very early indeed. Doc asked to come back another day for blood test to see if HCG level increase meaning might not be miscarriage but worried might be ectopic pregnancy. Then my bleeding stopped for 2 days then came back 1 time brownish then stopped till now. Last week I went for blood test & it increases. Yesterday they did ultrasound & saw the sac but no foetus yet cos only 5 wks but they said there is blood clot outside the sac. Gynae said need to monitor but dont worry it is normal but need to come back 2 wks later to see if baby is there growing. The term is called Subchorionic Hemorrhage. Im trying to be positive. I pray that all is good for u. Bleeding doesnt always end negative. (:

Read more

I have had spotting and light bleeding since week 5 of my pregnancy. I am now in week 9 only. It still comes on and off. Especially on days when I move ard a lot(10k steps). I have been to KK UOG 3 times. The doc says it is common, but not normal. It is a threatened miscarriage. So, I am monitoring. Like what other mummies say, there are various reasons. However, I have had tummy scans and my baby is growing and heartbeat could be heard. Wear a party-liner and monitor. If it stains the entire thing within a few hours, that's heavy bleeding. Go see a gynae. Especially if it is accompanied by cramps. If this is the 1st time u are bleeding and spotting, also go see a gynae, cos sometimes, it might be an ectopic pregnancy. Whatever it is, for your own peace of mind, or emotional stability, if it worries you too much, it is good to visit ur gynae to get answers.

Read more
4y ago

For 1st trimester, try not to walk too much dear.

Sharing experience. I was ongoing to 8weeks when I had a light spotting when I was experiencing constipation. Kala ko na-iri ko lang forcefully, (so I contacted my OB and gave me meds) after 3 days I had a bleeding bright red, dark brown tapos may lumabas sakin na buo thumb size. Akala namin yun na yun at na pass out ko na, Luckily after a day of ultrasound there was a heart beat. I was found to have subchorionic bleeding. And currently on Bedrest and meds. Ngayon, I still get scared every time may ultrasound kasi hindi naman ako active pero I had a bleeding. Konting lakad lang ginawa ko hindi naman talagang exercise. Always get in touch with your OB. It's not impossible to be pregnant and have bleeding but kailangan talaga ng Bedrest at tutok ng doctor.

Read more

Hi. just want to share my sad experience just now. About bleeding. I am 9w 5days pregnnt. Having some bleeding since 4days ago. But no pain. But the blood increase day by day. Going to see doctor n scan my baby yesterday. But unluckily, doc told me there's no heartbeat found. 😭 But i'm just stay positive. Hoping that miracles will comes soon. Doc give ne 2 weeks to scan again. & She gave me sangabion vitamins. But today morning, i felt something just pop out from my vagina. And go to toilet n theres a small ball like pingpong's ball just came out from my vagina. But no pain. 🤧 So that i realized.. my baby has gone.. Just having miscarriage just now.. 😭 pray for me.. 💜

Read more
2y ago

sorry for your loss. sending you lots of hugs and comfort . 🫂

It's pretty common in early stage. However, do monitor for frequency and how heavy the flow is. If it's accompanied by pain or cramp, dont hesitate to seek medical attention. I went A&E 2 times because of spotting. The first visit, ntg much was done but to monitor. I saw brown spot but upon physical examination, there isnt active bleeding. The second time though, it was fresh blood with cramp more severe than menses. Dr gave progesterone pill to stabilize and hopefully to reduce the spotting. Advice was still to monitor but rold not to carry heavy things and take bed rest.

Read more

There can be a number of factors causing the spotting. It could be because of changes to your cervix or even hormonal changes. You may also experience mild spotting after sex or if you’re very active. Other factors include implantation bleeding, ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. You should let your doctor know if you notice spotting or bleeding at any time during pregnancy. They can determine if you need to come in for monitoring or need further evaluation. They may ask you about other symptoms along with spotting such as cramping or a fever.

Read more

Ako din po. Nag spotting ako on my 7th week and 4days. Sobrang natakot ako kaya, check up agad. Need some bed rest daw and inom gamot pampakapit, duphaston 3x a day for 1wk, medyo pricy pero para kay Baby kailangan gawan ng paraan. And, thanked God! Wala naman nang bleeding after ko uminom ☝️kapit ka lang kay Mami, Baby Bunso 🤗 we're very much excited to meet you, lalo na si Kuya BashBash mo, we love you! 💛💛

Read more

I had spotting and a bit of bright red bleeding. I'm 9w5d pregnant. It happened twice in a day So I went to the 24hr clinic at KKH straight away. The doc on duty took a urine test and scanned. Thankfully baby is okay. She gave me progesterone tablets for 2 weeks to supplement my body. Cause for bleeding is unknown and she says it's nothing to worry. Progesterone tablets will help the baby with growth and prevent further bleeding

Read more

Hi, the best is to check with ur GP. Just to share with u my experience. My 1st pregnancy had some spotting for a few days. I went to see my GP after a few days and unfortunately is an early misscarrriage. Now i had my 2nd pregnancy and it have bleeding. Based on my 1st experience i am abit scare and went to my GP straight. However it turn out to be fine and has a heartbeat. Hope u are fine too.

Read more

yes, pls see ur doctor. i had miscarriage on my 9th week. ome day,i thought its just simple spotting light brownish, very light, and then stop. and then 4th day i had cramps, getting heavier and when i sat down the toilet , i bleed there and couldnt stop. and i felt something protruding in my vagina and pull it out, small thing i dont i got scared nd threw it. then they rush me to the hospital and the fetus was gone.

Read more