Is light spotting normal on early pregnancy?

Hi mommies.. Can I ask if you have experienced some spotting for days like light brown and sometimes red during your early pregnancy? Is it just normal or something is off and should seek the OB attention immediately? Thanks for the inputs.

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have had spotting and light bleeding since week 5 of my pregnancy. I am now in week 9 only. It still comes on and off. Especially on days when I move ard a lot(10k steps). I have been to KK UOG 3 times. The doc says it is common, but not normal. It is a threatened miscarriage. So, I am monitoring. Like what other mummies say, there are various reasons. However, I have had tummy scans and my baby is growing and heartbeat could be heard. Wear a party-liner and monitor. If it stains the entire thing within a few hours, that's heavy bleeding. Go see a gynae. Especially if it is accompanied by cramps. If this is the 1st time u are bleeding and spotting, also go see a gynae, cos sometimes, it might be an ectopic pregnancy. Whatever it is, for your own peace of mind, or emotional stability, if it worries you too much, it is good to visit ur gynae to get answers.

Read more
4y ago

For 1st trimester, try not to walk too much dear.