Is light spotting normal on early pregnancy?

Hi mommies.. Can I ask if you have experienced some spotting for days like light brown and sometimes red during your early pregnancy? Is it just normal or something is off and should seek the OB attention immediately? Thanks for the inputs.

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im also curious too bout this issue. I have irregular period but early of last month i notice theres spotting brown and then red color it last for few days then suddenly around middle of the month my period came... Actually i notice last 2 months my period came but its started of spotting red color for few days then the normal flow will come out... Anyone out there know anything bout this issued???

Read more
4y ago

Actually its normal for menses to come that way. Unless if it is very heavy till u need to change your pad every half an hr.

Currently 9 weeks. I just experienced bright red bleeding on Sunday. Immediately went to KKH Urgent O&G. Diagnosed as threatened miscarriage. Was given 4 tablets of Duphaston to take immediately. Increased dosage from twice a day to thrice a day. These 2 days no more bright red bleeding but still got a bit of brown discharge. Best to see your gynae or just go to KKH urgent O&G for peace of mind.

Read more

I spotted light pink at 6 weeks and went to the hospital cause I wasn’t sure if it was normal or sign of miscarriage everybody told me it was normal to spot in early pregnancy but I wanted to be sure cause this is my first time being pregnant🤷🏾‍♀️ so it’s normal and not uncommon to see some light spotting but if it’s a heavy flow that’s something to worry about

Read more
VIP Member

Not normal as I had experienced last April. I had a missed miscarriage at 11weeks sa first TVS ko. I'm not scaring anyone but if possible check with your OB. I don't have contact with OB back then because of pandemic. Now I'm preggy again and praying for a healthy pregnancy. Have a safe, happy and healthy pregnancy mommies. Godbless.

Read more

I know the feeling po, because I already have 2 miscarriages. But it's best to consult your doctor right away. I also experienced hemorrhage during my first pregnancy, told me to have complete bed rest pero ndi ko masyado nasunod so I lost my baby. My second baby walang hearbeat, so I was adviced for APS test.

Read more
3y ago

ako mag papa apas test narin po sana ako kasi may tatlong miscarriage narin ako pero awan ng Dios ok nmn ang pinag bubuntis ko ngaun twala dasal ang need .😍😍

hindi po normal ang nagbibleed sabi ng OB ko, nung first pregnancy ko akala ko normal kc ganun nababasa ko sa google, tapos 1week lumipas nakunan ako.. kaya natuto na ko, mas safe mag rely sa OB kesa sa magsearch sa google o magtanong sa iba kasi bawat pagbubuntis po ay iba iba.. 😊

Normal actually.. i did went to a&e afew time.. but my case was my womb is not so strong.. so i need to comsume hormon pill.. but my baby is so active.. But different person can be different symptoms.. just that i strongly suspect u need alot of rest and eat snacks more.. and dnt carry heavy things..

Read more

I had 1week+ of brown spotting.. started when i was at 6 weeks.. when to see gynae.. baby was ok on ultrasound.. even sent high vaginal swAb for culture.. no organism growth.. im now at 10weeks.. no longer hving spotting n baby still fine alhamdulillah.. i hope urs turn out fine too

4y ago

My trans v scan was at 7 Weeks.. to be honest the heartbeat during that scan was rather vague.. i was not convinced i saw one.. my gynae was not convinced either.. but it turned out fine.. just pray and hope for d best

me 9weeks, and nakita sa ultrasound ko meron akong subchorionic hemorrhage, but thanks God di ako ngbleeding, pro advice parin ng doctor complete bed rest, at meron ding iniinom na gamot, keep safe lang tayo mga mommies,and always pray.

3y ago

Opo need po ng resita

I did have spottings that were red and brown during my 7th and 8th week of pregnancy.Went to KK emergency OnG twice to assure myself. Dr did a transvaginal scan and said baby is doing fine.they gave me folic acid and a progesterone pill to prevent bleeding.