Is light spotting normal on early pregnancy?

Hi mommies.. Can I ask if you have experienced some spotting for days like light brown and sometimes red during your early pregnancy? Is it just normal or something is off and should seek the OB attention immediately? Thanks for the inputs.

53 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy. I am 5 wks pregnant. On 25th Dec,I had bleeding like not a lot but urine there will be string of blood then my urine is red. I thoughtit was my period cos I was a day late. Then at night till next morning it stopped. I wasn't feeling good since before that I had some signs that I might be pregnant but I brushed it away cos I tested a week b4 & negative. But strong feeling to test & i saw faint lines. I was shocked & worried. Then went to get a digital & watson test kit. I bleed again. Then it was faint still but clearer & digital stated 1-2 wks pregnant. I called NUH & they asked to go to A&E since I'm bleeding. Had slight cramps. Found out im into early pregnancy very early indeed. Doc asked to come back another day for blood test to see if HCG level increase meaning might not be miscarriage but worried might be ectopic pregnancy. Then my bleeding stopped for 2 days then came back 1 time brownish then stopped till now. Last week I went for blood test & it increases. Yesterday they did ultrasound & saw the sac but no foetus yet cos only 5 wks but they said there is blood clot outside the sac. Gynae said need to monitor but dont worry it is normal but need to come back 2 wks later to see if baby is there growing. The term is called Subchorionic Hemorrhage. Im trying to be positive. I pray that all is good for u. Bleeding doesnt always end negative. (:

Read more