Dilation of Cervix

Hi Mommies, anyone still has not given birth by 39 weeks and baby is still baking inside? I'm due next week, Monday 20/01. I have opted out to not let the Gynae do a membrane swept on me as I do not wish to feel uncomfy and wanted a natural birth as in self pain, cervix open by itself rather than the Gynae dig and check. Naturally, how do you make yourself dilate easier? Sex? Housework? Walk? All I did. But feel nothing le.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I gave birth few days ago at w39d4. During my w39d1 scan I was only 1cm dilated and doc asked me to get induced before EDD and I selected w39d5 for being induced. On w39d2 I went for evening walk (slightly longer than usual) and few hours later my mucus plug fell. And 2 hours later (past midnight) had bloody show. Scared of seeing blood I went A&E and was under observation until 6.30 am. I was having on-off contractions and when leaving for home I was 2cm dilated. Came home and went back same day evening and directly got admitted at delivery suite. Only next day 3pm I was dilated 8cm and by 5pm was fully dilated.

Read more
3y ago

Just realized this post is an year old. Lol! 🤣

I was about week 38. Dilated 1 cm during check in morning, 3 hours later back to clinic and almost 3cm dilated. No pain at all too but My gynae checked me in and break the water bag to speed up dilation at 4cm. Took epidural b4 breaking waterbag. No contraction pain as well. Only signs of bleeding. Within 3 hours aft waterbag broke, dilation speed up to 9cm. And labour begin. Push few times baby slipped out.

Read more
3y ago

Wow. That was fast Mommy! Congrats

Hi mummy, I'm currently 39+3days and scheduled to induce on 19th just in case baby grows too big even though last wk check was around 3kg. I did 2CTGs,flat zero contractions as well! I go for walks everyday but nothing seems to be happening LOL I just listen to my gynae advice as I'm a first time mom. Good luck with everything!

Read more
3y ago

same here. My Gyne seems to be chilled all through out my pregnancy. I'm just going to trust her. ❤️ Final check up tomorrow. I'm on my 39+5 tom, last check up was 3weeks ago.

Super Mum

I also did all that you did. Cervix took forever to dilate 😭 When my gynae checked me in clinic at 39+4, she said I was 4cm dilated. But I still didn’t have regular contractions yet, and really really wanted to deliver asap. Haha. So I said ok to the membrane sweep, and I went into labour by that night. Heehee.

Read more
4y ago

Ahhh, then I wait ahhh. My scheduled appointment is on my EDD, Monday. Think I should bring my hospital bag already. Just in case they really want to check me. Thanks Mommy!

I am 38+6 today.. been walking and squattint and had a S to help dilate. my pubic bone is getting painful than before. what else should i do to fully dilate. no bloody show yet but having some contraction already.

I was induced on 40 weeks + 2 days. Doc did membrane swept on me at week 39 unknowingly and it's kind of uncomfortable. I only knew that after I went to Google as I feel uncomfortable and had spotting for 3 days.

Updates to my post. I had given birth already at 40 weeks 1 day! Now my newborn is a month young. 😂♥️

1y ago

did u when for induce?

I'm due on the same day as you too! Currently 3cm diluted but no contractions. If baby not more than 3.5kg should still be able to have natural birth

Am 38wks and 2 days, also my cervix is totally not open. Let us hang on there... it won’t be long anymore for us...

im 39 weeks and 5 days no sign of labor yellow wish discharge palang.. nakakapag alala na..😕

3y ago

ako din.. im 39 weeks and 1 day sa ultrasound pero based on my lmp 40 weeks and 1 day nako.. open ang cervix ko last monday 2cm na sya pero until now ndi pa din ako nglalabor and makulit padin si baby..