Natural dilation

I am 37+3 weeks today and just did my check up. Baby is still not engaged and gynae recommend inducing by 39 weeks. However she did mention that induce will be very painful hence recommending me to do squats and climb up stairs this 2 weeks to dilate naturally. Issue is I have SPD and it’s quite painful to be active, what else can I do do encourage natural dilation and contraction?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Inducing is not painful, the contractions are 😅 But there’s always laughing gas and epidural 🫶🏻 Is there a reason why your gynae wants to induce you instead? I needed to be induced at Week 40 as my fluid was low, otherwise my gynae told me to wait for baby’s cue.

2y ago

I don’t know as well, but I googled it says: Some women may develop pelvic pain in pregnancy. This is sometimes called pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain (PGP) or symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD). PGP is a collection of uncomfortable symptoms caused by a stiffness of your pelvic joints or the joints moving unevenly at either the back or front of your pelvis.

Inducing process was very painful and ultimately did not work out for me, ended up csect instead..