Should i stop going for walks in hoping to induce/shorten labor

As i was not dilated in my previous appointment at 38+4, gynae decided to induce me on my due date. After that appointment i would force myself to go for atleast 45 mins - 1hr walk everyday. And it’s been a week and i feel like its not working as my due date is just in few days time still no sign of labor at all. I feel like stopping with the walks and just get as much rest as i can before baby comes instead. And just continue eating dates and doing some squats at home. I feel like im forcing myself and my body too much with the walk and kind of have a mindset if baby still doesnt want to come out, nothing will work. Im on HL anyway, so i wont be going out on weekdays and mostly stay at home. Am i making a wise decision by not gg for a walk, will that greatly affect me not being able to dilate when induced ? Any mummies managed to still deliver naturally without gg for walks. #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did all the walks, squats or whatever for my first while 3cm dilating at 40 weeks for my first child. But I ended up induced at 41 weeks. I was hoping too for natural and waterbag leaking mucus plug, etc. But none of those I experience. I calm myself down, relax and didn't overthink. In fact I choose not to stress myself thinking about inducing etc. Even if I have to do it, I kept positive so as not to make my body hormones all over the place.

Read more

I was walking and squatting alot too but only 1cm dilated at 39+5. My gynae suggested to have intercourse when I was pregnant with my first 😅 Yup uncomfortable, we probably arent exactly enjoying it esp me with the huge belly but semen seems to help in starting labour hours later