baby fell, started to being fussy and vomitting

Hey mom... I want to share. Yesterday, my 7-month-old baby fell because of my 4-year-old niece. She insisted on carrying him even though I told her not to, but her mother (my sister-in-law) always says, "Just let it be... they love each other like cousins..." And true enough, they both fell. My baby hit his head and cried really hard. He was so fussy... and shortly after, he vomited. I immediately wanted to take him to the doctor, but my sister-in-law said, "You're being overly dramatic." But I don't care, mom. My child needs help. I don't want to take risks just because they are related. At the hospital, they checked him thoroughly and observed him... thankfully, everything is okay. But I still want to know how I can live far away from my husband's family.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm sorry to hear about your baby's fall and the distressing situation you are going through. It's understandable that you are concerned about your child's well-being and want to ensure their safety. Firstly, it's important to trust your instincts as a parent. If you feel that your child needs medical attention, it's better to err on the side of caution and seek help from a healthcare professional. Head injuries, especially in young children, should always be taken seriously. In terms of wanting to live far away from your husband's family, communication is key. It's essential to have an open and honest conversation with your husband about your feelings and concerns. Together, you can discuss your options and come up with a plan that works best for your family. Setting boundaries with extended family members is also important. You have the right to prioritize your child's safety and well-being, and it's crucial to establish boundaries that everyone can respect. Remember, as a parent, your top priority is your child's welfare. Trust your instincts, communicate openly with your partner, and take the necessary steps to create a safe and supportive environment for your family. If you need further support or guidance in navigating this situation, consider seeking advice from a counselor or therapist who specializes in family dynamics and relationships. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

First of all, you are not being overly dramatic. I always jump to check when I hear my baby cries. That's their only way of communication. But you should know there are parents who don't really care about the safety of an infant or child. This is why there are so many tragic accidents involving mishandling of infants because the guardians "don't know" or "didn't expect an accident to happen". Ignorance is a sin. You can never be too careful. I have a 4 yo son who loves his 4 month old sister a lot, showering her with kisses everyday. I emphasized safety to him all the time. He knows he can only carry his sister while he is sitting down with adult supervision. Next time if anyone wants to give you advices uncalled for, just tell them they can always have a second and let their toddler play with their baby. Your baby is not their "toy". Remember your baby relies on you for protection. Trust your instincts.

Read more

Oh man..I'll be hell of pissed, and with the sil giving that kind of irresponsible response, it's better to minimise contact with them. It's your baby, they bear no responsibility if anything happens, so put your foot down and get them away from your child. Speak to your husband about it to get his support. Unfortunately, if u still need to meet them on occasion, just be right beside your child all the time to avoid such incidents from happening.

Read more

I would go hulk mode, I don’t care if you’re unhappy it’s NOMB. You (sil) use your mouth but if things happen, who suffer? My baby and me so no thanks. If you’re not staying at the same place, then just stop visiting them when your sil is there. Anytime can bring parents out for a meal.

I would be so pissed and immediately tell her to stay away from my kids. You need to have a spine, stay firm and trust your instincts. NO means no, no matter who the requester is. To hell if it upsets the other person

Read more

Oh my. Stay firm with ur decision. Just ignore what other people say / try to teach u whatever. You know what is best for your baby.

Wtf is wrong with your SIL. Man from now onwards i would really avoid her.

TapFluencer

perhaps best to move away 😓

💕

💕