will my baby walk soon?

Mom, my baby (7.5 months old) has started standing up and pulling objects to stand. I was really surprised because I didn't expect him to do that at his age. In fact, a few times I've seen him able to walk while holding onto my/ his father's hand. Will my baby be walking soon? I'm worried if this is too early or normal? Has anyone experienced this?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! It's awesome to hear that your little one is already showing signs of wanting to walk at 7.5 months old. Every baby develops at their own pace, so it's totally normal for some babies to start standing and even taking a few steps while holding onto something at this age. It sounds like your baby is eager to explore and move around, which is a great sign of healthy development. Most babies take their first independent steps between 9 to 12 months, but it's not unusual for some to start a little earlier or later. To support your baby's walking development, you can encourage him to practice standing and taking small steps by holding onto your hands or furniture. Make sure your home is safe for him to explore and move around, and give him plenty of opportunities to practice his newfound skills. If you have any concerns about your baby's development, it's always a good idea to discuss them with your pediatrician. But from what you've described, it sounds like your little one is on track and just eager to get moving. Enjoy this exciting milestone with your baby! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

technically at this age, it's a normal milestone. they would be cruising along furnitures for months then later on would be walking unassisted. though baby is able to walk while holding on to his Father's hands, this might take months for him to walk independently. (pls don't pressure and get disappointed if baby walk at 12 months onwards!) when i was younger, i actually ran instead of walking on my first steps and was 9 months. i had people looking at me in surprised and everytime my grandma re-tell this story, everyone is still laughing about it 🤣

Read more

Individual child progress differs. Can be fast and can be slow. Hence nothing to worry about. Baby just trying to balance and learning to stand/balance/crawl/support. Most kids will walk between 10 months onwards hence, if it is early why not? As long as baby has support and balance.

Same. My baby also like to walkaround his cot with support. But i dont think they will walk so soon. Itll take few months. Cause they still need to learn to stand without support first

TapFluencer

👏