My 18 months son not able to walk independently & won't response to us when we call his name

My son 18 months and yet to walk independently. He need to hold something then only he willing to walk or stand. I have tried to hold his hand & walk, but after few steps of walking he sure will sit down and started to crawl again. Another issue is that when we always call his name, he won't response to us. I am so worry for him.. what should i do..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My son is already 25 months and he also don’t response to us when we call his name. He can’t talk that much either. Brought him to see pd at KKH and they suggested EIPIC but will need 6-9 months to be on waiting list before he can be enrolled. Meanwhile just have to keep talking to your son, read a lot of books to him, avoid screen time if possible if not limit to max 1 hour per day. Get down to him at eye level and partake in activities he’s interested in

Read more
3y ago

My son can walk independently at 11 months. But as of now he’s still not talking. The waiting list is like 18 months depending on which centre.

hi .. how is your son now? does he respond to name?