13 months baby boy

Hi,would like to ask is it normal for a baby boy to not want to walk or stand when we assist them to walk.He can stand by himself but will fall seated after that.Tried to help him to stand but he doesnt want it.When i carry up to stand position he will bring up his leg up as in doesnt want to stand up assisted.But he still can stand up while pulling up his walker or by the side bed n cruising.What can i do to help him stand n learns to walk?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! It's completely normal for babies to develop at their own pace, so there's no need to worry if your 13-month-old baby boy isn't interested in walking yet. Every baby is different and some take longer to reach certain milestones. It's great that he can stand by himself and is able to pull up using his walker or the side of the bed. These are all positive signs that he is on his way to walking independently. Encourage him to practice standing by placing toys or objects in front of him that he can reach for while standing. This will help him build confidence and balance. You can also try holding his hands as he stands to help him feel more secure and gradually let go as he gets more comfortable. Make sure to praise and encourage him whenever he attempts to stand or take a step. Remember, every baby has their own timeline for reaching developmental milestones, so be patient and supportive as he learns to walk. If you have any concerns, it's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician for personalized advice. Keep up the great work, mama! Your little one will be walking in no time. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

My daughter started her first step (unsupported) at 15th month, and aided by physical walker to walk (a few steps) at 13th month. Now at 26th month old, she roams around freely and loves to hop. I hope your L.O would take the (unsupported) first step soon. Can understand the fear and anxiety which you might be experiencing; I was worried too. Continue to stay positive and pop by here to seek support from fellow parents; I hope it helps. *P.s: my family members and I manage to get our video-recording apps ready because of the delay in crawling and walking. We managed to record down the first crawl and first steps because of her delaying in crawling and walking. Have been frequently revisiting these cute and memorable milestones once a while. Maybe, you can try that too. ;)

Read more

Kids will take time to balance on their own. My #2 likes to do everything on her own. This includes standing, walking. She only started walking at 14 months old with no support. Some kids likes to do certain things on their own. They would know when to stand seat walk on their own. They follow at their own pace.

Read more
TapFluencer

my kidz also started after 13mo 🙏💕

🤍