Tampons or menstrual cup

Mga mommy nagamit po ba kayo ng tampons or cup instead of napkin? Napkin gives me rashes and leaves my skin like it burns at itchy. Is cup or tampons are better? Thanks!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've been using menstrual cups since 2018 and I LOVE IT! Life-changer, as in 🥰 Steep learning curve lang talaga ang kailangan sa umpisa, pero once natutunan mo na paano ilagay at tanggalin, it's SOO WORTH IT! Most important tip (simple but hard): Learn how to RELAX (your vaginal muscles). So yeah, it's menstrual cups for me, depende sa heavy ng flow mo, kahit after 8hrs ka na makapag-empty cup. And although it can be messy, it's very hygienic. Amoy fresh blood pa rin sya, unlike sa napkins na after a few hours, medyo stinky na (unless na umabot ng 12hrs yung sa cup). Tsaka kung simply wiwi or poops ka lang, no need to remove your cup naman so mas malinis pa rin 😄 Unlike sa pads na may sasalubong sayong dugo tuwing magsi-cr ka. As for tampons, I've tried it pero ni hindi ko naubos yung 1 box. Bukod sa praning ako sa TSS, para sa akin mas less ang capacity nya compared sa pads, so mas madalas ang palitan. And unlike sa pads, hindi mo alam kung malapit na ba sya mapuno unless nagli-leak na sya. Tapos feeling ko, baka may mga cotton bits pang maiwan sa loob after ko tanggalin 😅 I'm quite physically active that's why I was really looking for alternative menstrual products. With cups, whether it's running, swimming, or trekking on my period, very convenient sya. I think the worst thing about menstrual cups is that it can be so comfortable, may times na makakalimutan mo that you have it in 😅 I've read some cases that they've had it in for days before they remember they had it. Personally, minsan lumalagpas ako ng 12hrs kaya I've now set up a reminder alarm para hindi ko makalimutan 😅

Magbasa pa

Advisable po ba rin to for virgin? I saw how big it is and naiimagine ko pa lang po ipasok parang mas malaki sya compare sa hole na pagpapasukan. Are you feeling it inside of you po, sometimes or Wala po talga? I’m having problems too with napkins but afraid to use cup thinking that it will break my hymen. Thanks in advance.

Magbasa pa
2mo ago

I understand your concern and I think it's valid naman, I'd probably have second thoughts rin if I was a virgin. If you're a virgin, the "relax" part would definitely be quite challenging, and could make the experience frustrating and even painful. However, I've now realized that virginity is more of a concept rather than an actual physical thing. Our hymen can tear for various of reasons like riding bikes or other activities. Do you loose your virginity when you masturbate even without insertion? and so on 🤔 Anyways, the cup is flexible and you need to fold it para maipasok sa loob. There are different folding techniques you can use and try which one is most comfortable for you.