Hi, my lo has wet ear wax outside his ear area. Has been cleaning for him the past few days. Any mummies lo encounter too?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I read that it's not necessary to clean the ears. The ears have their own cleansing system and the wax has its own purpose in the cleansing system of the ears. Plus it also helps trap dust and protect the ears from impurities.

8y ago

Thanks Yuna

Yes. It’s okay to clean but do it gently with a slightly damp cloth. do avoid cleaning the inside unless it really smells. But if that happens, be very careful with it and don’t use any sharp objects

Try not to use a cotton swab to enter the ear canal as this is usually the cause of build up. Use a damp wash cloth and gently clean the outside of the ear making sure not to enter the ear canal.

8y ago

Thanks Wang Fang

You can use a wet cotton to clean it up. But just clean the outside of the ear though. If it does not cause any pain on your lo, then it should be fine. It may be unsightly but it's normal.

VIP Member

Please do not use anything or insert any object to avoid infection. Ear wax will come out itself. Seek medical help if there is a need, mostly they will prescribe olive oil for ear.

Yes. Occasionally it happens on my BB too. I just clean with a damp cloth everyday so as not to let it build up. Anyway, it is very uncomfortable for my eyes.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks Vanessa

TapFluencer

Clean it gently. Don't use cotton buds as it makes the wax situation worse. If the wax had an odour, it might be good to show him to a doctor

Cleaning your baby's outer ears gently, with a damp wash cloth, should be enough to keep his ears clean and healthy.

Yes mine also have but babies’ ears are self cleaning! Let it come off itself!

Yeap.. Just cleanse gently with a damp cloth