Rant

My LO has just turned 22 weeks and I've been the main caregiver ever since our confinement nanny left.. finally decided that I need some me time to recharge, so arranged a facial appointment for myself and also told my father in law to standby and look after my LO on the day. When my MIL heard about it, she was quite excited.. but at the same time, I heard her telling my FIL that she's going to prepare the yao lan for LO. I already told her that I don't want my baby to be in yao lan for safety reasons and she's already planning to do this while I'm away for just 2-3 hours. Omg. So frustrating. Can't they just let me peacefully go for a short break without making me worry?! My FIL respects how I look after my LO, but my MIL....... she always wants to do things her way. Omg how? Should I just cancel my appointment? Or just leave it, anyway few hours only.... My PIL have always nagged me, cause they want to be involved in LO upbringing... but how like that? For once I want to put my baby in their care and this happens...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If they want to use the yao lan, they will need to watch baby like a hawk to ensure the safety. If they can be trusted that much, then go for your facial. You do deserve a break! Kids last time were raised with yao lan and they turned out fine. But it does take dedicated caregivers to keep their eyes on baby and not their phones/TV, etc.

Read more