Rant about Mother in law

I don’t mean to be unappreciative, but I don’t like the way how my mother in law says or do somethings to my LO. Like for example, she wants to help me feed. While I’m making milk, she keep saying things like “faster faster baby hungry already” or “mama so slow, baby is hungry already hor” I’m like wtf? So I pretend to “scold” my baby and said “baby must be patience, mama don’t mean to make u wait” or “mama know u hungry, but milk milk don’t come instantly” She keep urging baby to do things like faster drink milk, faster burp, faster sleep. Faster this faster that. Like hey… babies aren’t developed to follow this rhythm leh. There are many occasions where my MIL “blames” us and I keep correcting her bcos I believe my LO will listen And my mother in law keep carry baby the moment he cried. Like make 1 sound, she will straight go carry. Sigh 😔 im so worried that baby will develop the carry habit I told her before but she just can’t stop doing it. Even my husband also told her not to and she just don’t remember.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

mil is just like that.now i am pregnant she keep telling me next time you cant do this one that one must be this one that one.Like my baby haven't yet born but she making a rules already.Then i straightly talk to my husband about what she told me.Itold to my husband tell your mother not to make any rules for me for being a mother coz i want to be a mother and learn to be a mother by myself.Its okay if not that much but when too much is a different things..

Read more
12mo ago

Exactly. During my pregnancy, I try to avoid eating with her cos I know she’ll definitely say something negative.. plus I’m the mother. I should have my say in bringing up the kiddo. I know they care a lot bcos this one their first golden grandson. But cannot forcefully use their method on my son what~ they play play play a few hrs everyday like very fun, but imma gonna spend 20-30years with this little guy. If he pick up all bad habits, I’ll have a hard time kicking them

I hear you babe! Sometimes things get tricky with in laws. I suggest try to discuss in detail with your husband and ask him to talk straight with his mother on this. After all you should be able to have the parenting style you want as he is your baby first

12mo ago

Yea. Actually I got a very supportive husband who constantly tell his mum not to do it or say it. But she just can’t seems to stop. Her weird habits are getting strong since she drop by daily in the afternoon to help tc baby (so that I can rest) but constantly watching out for her negative speech makes me uncomfortable and unable to rest. She’ll say things like “hor hor. Mama say cannot carry you” if I tell her not to carry baby so much. Or “ah ma is here to beat your backside” I really dono how to stop her other than keep correcting her words infront of baby.