My LO is gg to enter childcare soon...as a first time parent and a single parent, I am filled with anxiety at the thought of it. I am so worrisome about his safety, well being, how is he going to cope with it etc etc...i wish to accompany him during the first 3 days but unfortunately I am very busy during that period to take leave, unless I delay his entrance.. however the sch suggested me to go ahead as they don't encourage parents to stick around anyway. As long as there is someone to stand by will be ok (My mum) in this case..even So, I can't help but to feel guilty if I don't experience the first time with him...i m in such dilemma..?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should always go for the first 3 days if you can. Because it keep the teachers on their toes. Is telling the other kids.. This child has a parent don't try and bully him. It gives your child confidence to be around others. I can't imagine any parent that won't accompany their child for first 3 days if they have a choice. You said you are a single parent.. Is the father still in the picture? Have you gave the father a chance to be there for him or her. If you have not, time to ask. It takes a village to raise a child.

Read more