Egoistic husband

I'm very upset this morning and throughout the whole of today. A little background husband has no or little income for 2 years and yesterday sold his car. I'm ok to go without car and take it as exercising. However I don't know what is wrong with him. Usually he will drive LO to sch but as there is no car now, we all walk to sch for the first time this morning. Early morning he scolded LO for being naughty. Then when we dropped off LO to sch and walk, he walks in front of me (while I'm pregnant with a big tummy alrdy). Fine as he always walk very fast. Then as I followed him walk we all walked home. I was wondering how come never go and eat breakfast. Last evening we bought buns for LO but realised this morning the buns are otah which is very spicy and not suitable for LO. So I didn't know husband walked home because he has breakfast which are the otah buns and I don't eat otah so I have nothing else for breakfast. To make matter worst, he gave me silent treatment all the way and never asks me what I want for breakfast or inform me that he is going to eat the otah buns den I'll go buy my own breakfast. I got very upset because i have another little one in my tummy that needs to eat too and he doesn't care. Anyway I realised few times that he loses his temper easily at me and keep saying his bank left how much no money etc. So maybe this morning is the start of a different lifestyle without car and he just give me silent treatment. After we reached home 1 hr plus, I confronted him but he says he's not angry at me den I say how come never asks me about breakfast. However he dunno wad to say. I am still feeling angry and upset now.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm… not siding anyone in this case but after getting pregnant, I solely depend on my husband now since we can’t afford a helper (no space) nor IFC. At times when I see that my bank account is running out of money or that I have to reach out to my husband for money, made me feel very very useless yet there’s nothing I can do about it. Everytime I talked to my husband, he will tell me don’t worry about money but I know his pay cannot sustain the 3 of us for long. Sometimes I just want to take a break from my baby, my husband, anything.. just me and myself. No talks. On the other hand, i know how it feels being ignored and lack of concern as a preggo. At times when I’m hungry in the middle of the night, my husband just ignored me which made me rage and question myself why. At times, he seems to forget that I’m pregnant and he won’t give in to me when we quarrel. Every single time when we quarrel, he either keep quiet or say don’t know which made my blood boils. Maybe try to apply the 69 rule and try to see if you can understand why is he reacting this way?

Read more
2y ago

so happy to hear that. 💪💪💪

a penny of my thoughts. man. nvm earn lesser. cannot lazy. there are alot jobs a person can do. is just willing to do or not. i earn more than my hubby. n when he doesnt have a ft job in the past, he works part time, hard labour, long hours. so he can bring home money. and i admire him for that. im not sure what ur husband is thinking or doing. but i wouldnt withstand such behaviour. so what he always walk very fast? u r pregnant. he shld walk beside u. has he always been treating u this way in the past? when not pregnant also? dont give excuses for ur husband. women shldnt put themselves down and defend the husband, n make yourself upset. are there any reasons why u are not working? in-laws or ur parents cannot help u take care of ur child while u work too? when a man cannot provide, they have ego too. they may feel sad n stressed abt the next one coming. all in all, communication is key. he has to talk.

Read more
2y ago

You are lucky if u have help..we don't.. during baby first year and as new parents it is very tough so he took care of baby..i was working for the first year until baby is 1 year old. Hard to explain my husband job to u..His contractor projects..Once managed to clinch, can earn alot..wen no 1 is born it was also during covid so his business is affected with all the restrictions..he has been doing part time delivery while managing the projects part..Happy yr husband is hard working..my husband if got projects to do also work day and night like last time before we have kids..I can understand how u feel because I also feel heartache for my husband working day and night. Nonetheless he has been a very hands on dad occupied by our first born 😆 Also like I mentioned I'm already jobless as I left my job when first born is 1 year old..so now I'm stepping back to society but found out I'm pregnant again..my pregnancies are all unplanned..but very thankful as they are the greatest gift🙏 Som

Maybe he need time to get used to not having car.. after years of not taking public and suddenly need to take public, i’ll get cranky too. Give him time to settle down and get used to not having car. And for you mummy, dont stress too much okay.

you know sometimes the husband is struggling too. that man is supposed to give you and the children a good life but I'm guessing finance is a problem and thats why he's very stressed. Maybe you could calm down and talk to him nicely.