My LO is 2 weeks old. Currently drinking 80ml to 100ml per 1.5 to 2.5hr. Do you feed on demand or wake your LO up after max. 3 hrs? I am trying to stretch her night sleeping time but worried that she will overslept.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mother in law always tell me babies grow by sleeping more rather than eating more. Personally I am the type who will wake my baby up to drink milk if it stretches for too long. If she is within one hour overdue from her scheduled feed I will let her sleep but more than that and I will Try to make noise to see if she will wake up and drink milk. If she wakes and fall back to sleep I will let her sleep. For night time I don't wake her up for feeds because they don't need night feeds actually. They drink in the middle of the night more for soothing purpose.

Read more

If baby has jaundice still, u MUST wake baby up to feed / latch, at the most can stretch 4hrs. Not possible or feasible to want to stretch night sleeping time - baby is still too young, stomach too small so will get hungry easily - and in case u are wondering, fm or bm will not make a difference to "prolonging" their sleep.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-18691)

Totally agreed feed on demand. Babies naturally know and will wake up and cry for milk. When they are hungry. Babies are real smart, they will know how much they need and when they need it.

VIP Member

Agreed. Feed on demand. Newborns' tummies are still very small to be able to stretch too long in between feeds. Let your baby communicate to you.

Ideally feed on demand. However, if jaundice level is not cleared, please latch baby.

Feed on demand. If baby is hungry they will wake up. It is natural survival instinct

If baby doesn't have any case of jaundice, just feed on demand.

Feed on demand!