growth spurt?

how to tell if my 2week old is having a growth spurt? i was initially feeding her 80ml off ebm every 3-4/4.5 hrs but starting last night she was still super hungry so i increase the amount to 100ml, midnight 4am fed another 100ml and she slept for 7hrs & refused to wake up to feed. she’s also extra sleepy today but still looks comfortable.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You won’t really be able to tell unless you measure her length and monitor her growth everyday. But based on what you’re saying, it’s possible that she’s undergoing a growth spurt which is normal.

VIP Member

Try downloading the app Wonder Weeks. Gotta pay a small fee to register but no further subscription fee after that. It was super helpful to understand what baby is going through at a specific age/week.

Post reply image

I encountered same problem but mine is 1.5-2hr one feed formula milk. Then will regurgitate some milk out. So we are worried too if we overfeed him. He is 97 percentile at 1 mth.

Could be. Just feed whenever your baby demand. If baby doesn't want to drink, she won't drink (Monitor closely). Our baby also undergo grow spur in the first month =)

VIP Member

Hehe. Its fine. Your baby will drink as much as she need. Don't worrt okay.

just feed on demand. but if jaundice, wake her up to feed.

Could be. Just go with baby's flow.

VIP Member

Seem like.

VIP Member

Continued

Post reply image