When do you decide to extend your LO sleeping time? My lo is coming to 11 weeks old. Her last feed is at 8.30pm or 9pm (100ml). She usually falls asleep from 11am to 7am - 8am. I will wake her up at 2am as her dream feed (50ml to 70ml) as well as to change diaper and she will fall asleep before 2.30am. i am worried to exclude her dream feed at 2am because she may not be able to STTN till 7am-8am. Hence, the way i extend her sleeping time is by letting her wake up by herself in the morning, which falls between 7am to 8am.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I never trained. Don't believe in training. My son didn't allow me to either. Frankly after 4 months is a good time caz their stomach is bigger and can hold more milk and prob can last longer. That said, there will be many hiccups along the way and things that can alter the schedule again - like growth spurts, teething etc

Read more

Honestly sleep training is not for everyone. It depends on you and your lo. Also there is no need to wake baby up for a feed. If you keep doing that you are encouraging her to wake up and have milk. I would stop. If baby is hungry, they will surely wake up. Try not waking baby up and see how it goes.

Read more

I started sleep training for thru the night from 4 months

thanks