My LO is 16 months and he doesn't really talk except shaking or nodding his head when i ask him if he wants something . He will babble a lot and looks at you when he babbles as if trying to communicate with u and says "Ma Ma" but that's about it . Should I be worried ? My frens' kids are already talking those 1-2 words and they are younger than him. Honestly , I'm a bit worried ..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

nothing to worry about. Some kids will tend to develop faster then others. One way you can help your child is to constantly speak and communicate with him. Avoid using baby words or language. Speak proper adults words, whatever you are doing, just say and tell him. For example ' Lets go to the fridge and get a fruit' Ask him questions also, if he doesn't reply, it's ok. At least he knows that it's a question and mama is asking him something. One day he will surprise you with the among of words he is able to talk.

Read more

I would not worry at a. After all, each child grow according to their own pace. My bub is 10 months old now, no teeth, not crawling, barely anything. Well, I'm letting it be as long as he is healthy.