2,5 years can't speak

My child is over two years old but still can't speak. He likes to babble, but I don’t know what he's saying. He also isn't able to express what he wants very well yet.......... Even though I often talk to him or teach him words for objects or animal names, sometimes he can only say one word. Do you worry about this, mom? It makes me sad when he is compared to others who are already good at talking, even though they're younger than him. Has any other mom experienced this? What’s the solution? Is it my fault?????????????

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My toddler is 2.5 years old (born Nov 21) and I was quite worried about her speech development. I went to the polyclinic to get a referral for speech therapy, but the process is long—it can take around six months. My toddler has attended two sessions so far, and she is more talkative now, although sometimes she still babble, making it hard to understand. It's a slow but steady journey, and I'm trusting the process. Most people around me say it's too early to get speech therapy, but I was anxious to get started.

Read more
TapFluencer

yes! almost brought mine to speech therapist... thankfully started ard 3yo just before the appt & is super talkative ever since...

try bring him to poly then can refer to speech doctors