At 15 months, how much should the LO be talking ? My LO is only saying very simple words like "NO", "Ma Ma", "drop" (he always drop his toys from the high chair), & other babbles .. unlike my elder one who already spoke simple sentences at 18 months .. Are late talkers and walkers slow learners ??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO started to learn to walk after 1yo, he didn't crawl much as well. number 1 rule for me:no baby talk, no double words, simply can't stand double words... speak in simple sentences. not necessary to get child to repeat after you. be a recorder. keep saying your sentences, they will catch up in the end. write down the words they are saying, keep track so you can address your concerns when you bring child for the routine developmental check up. my LO started speaking late, I continued my sentences. now at 2y8m, he can say "mummy where my blue car? mummy find my blue car please. there, I found my blue car". start with single description (naming), e.g. car! once child can say car, use 2words e.g. xxx (colour) car! then sentence "I see green bus!". encourage child to use personal pronouns, e.g. I, me, my, do not encourage them to say their own name. so if LO says "drop", u can say "you drop the toy?". hope this helps. no worries ok? :)

Read more

At this age it is hard to make a comment on their learning ability. Some are slower in walking or talking but doesn't mean they are slow learners. Eventually they all catch up. Don't worry as they have their own development pace. I feel if u want them to talk more you can try talking g to them a lot,pointing out things and naming them. They will imitate us. It is just like how babies of the same year born but different months will end up in primary one tog. Doesn't mean the ones who are born in dec will be less smart, eventually they all catch up. Don't worry dear

Read more

You can't compare. Each child grow differently and at a different pace. My first born started at 8months for both walking and talking. My second boy now 8months old. Can't talk nor walk. He can barely sit unassisted.

VIP Member

Every child is unique, even if they're siblings! They will all eventually learn and develop at their own pace, no real hurry so don't worry too much :)

VIP Member

diff child has diff development phase. take it easy and try nt to compare.

Each child have different development process cant make any compare