maternity leave

Would like to ask, im going to take annual leave from 1 -15 Nov and start my maternity leave based on edd on 18 Nov (Monday). What if i give birth on 10 Nov, can i still start my maternity leave on 18 Nov? Or maternity leave have to start on 10 Nov? Thanks.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do check with your company regards to the maternity leave. Check if you are able to take earlier leave. Then perhaps discuss with your doctor. It is good to have 'black and white' document when you are on Maternity Leave. This is to safe guard you when you are not around or when you return back to work after the maternity leave. Just to clear all doubts😊🙏 Different company have different contracts and policy. Not everyone is the same😉

Read more
TapFluencer

This happened to me. I gave birth on my supposed annual leave. What the company do is they convert the annual leave to maternity. After my maternity finish, then I continued with this suppose annual leave. Maybe u can check with ur hr.

I thought we can ownself decide the date we want to start our maternity leave. I think up to 8 weeks before give birth.

VIP Member

Maternity leave will start latest in the date baby is born.. this is by law. I'm working as an HR btw

Super Mum

I applied through my company hr and it has to start on the day we give birth or earlier

Is best to check with your company HR. All depends on company policy

VIP Member

Maternity leave starts on whichever date that u give birth..

VIP Member

Maternity leave starts on the day you give birth

Yea depends on your company? Check with HR!

Super Mum

It starts on the date that you give birth.