HL, MC or Maternity leave?

Hi mummies. Any idea if we wanna take like 1-2 weeks leave on own before Edd, should gynae dr give it as HL, MC or must we apply as maternity leave?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You can use your maternity leave in advance if you wish. Some gynae will give MC to ask you to rest at home but it wouldn’t stretch for so Long. With regards to HL, it’s really dependent on gynae. Some don’t issue HL unless you are warded in the hospital. Just to caution, if you take advance maternity leave you may wish to consider that it could exceed the duration you expected. For example 1-2 weeks cos baby may not be out.

Read more
4y ago

Guess the last dr i seen wasnt so empathetic after all. Im already diagnosed with gestation diabetes even tho its control and im working in a GP clinic so its also quite tiring due to the crowd/pandemic situation now. Its was just an enquiry and she bluntly rejected.

Super Mum

HL isn’t a given, actually. So for my first pregnancy, I saved all my annual leave for this period. For my second pregnancy, I had some pregnancy-related issues so was given the HL for 1 week

I took advance ML as my gynae did not issue HL though I'm private. Anyway it was a good decision as I felt well rested before the big day and subsequent sleepless nights!

HL or MC is depending on your condition. It also depends on your gynaecologist. If I am not wrong, you will have to be warded for at least a day if to be on HL.

I requested for HL 3 weeks before my EDD to rest as my feet were already swollen and I just needed rest. I’m under private KKH and my Gynae gave it to me.

3y ago

May I know who is your gynae?Thank you in advanced

i don’t dare to ask for 3 weeks HL, i scare my company use it under ML instead. 😞

Hi, Best to take HL to have rest before your EDD but do check with your gynae first

Check with your gynae. My gynae gave me HL to rest right 2 weeks before my EDD.

3y ago

May I know who is your gynae?TIA

Super Mum

Depends on your gynae.. Some gynae will give you HL if you request for it.