18 weeks pregnant ?

Hi my last Period was on the 15 Dec 2019 .After that i had intercourse with my husband on the 21st onwards .in 27 Dec i took blood test but was found negative .I tested positive on January using the pregnancy test kit.So right now the baby should be around 3 months plus . The question is a few days ago i went for scanning and the doctor said my baby is 18weeks old .How is that even possible .Can anyone please help me .This is my first pregnancy .

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If 15 Dec is your first day of your last menstrual period then doc will count from that date. So as of last week (between 19-25 Apr) you’re probably about 18 weeks pregnant give or take. Science says you are actually “2 weeks pregnant” before conception. Watch YouTube videos and you’ll understand. At first I was confused as hell as well but after a few videos and research on my own, I finally understood. Sometimes we just don’t need to question ourselves too much, ultrasound can determine the age of our fetus. Take care!

Read more
VIP Member

Sometimes, when it is too early, the test cannot pick up the hcG levels. But actually you have already conceived. Its okay. Enjoy your pregnancy and congratulations!