False positive preg test and weird period after MC

Need advice pls!!! Previously I went through a miscarriage for my first pregnancy in April, I was 7 weeks pregnant. Had bleeding with clots and gynae told me I may miscarry and I did. Gynae checked my blood test for hcg level and did scanning, everything was normal and cleared. Got my first period which was normal after MC on May 5th. My periods are usually regular. But end of May early June I experienced pregnancy symptoms like I did for my first pregnancy and decided to do a pregnancy test using the clear blue kit after my period was delayed for 2 days. Test came out positive with 1-2 weeks conception date. 2 days later I started having light bleeding with clots in my pee. Went to the doctor and took a blood test 3 days later, results was 0 and I was not preg. Doctor mentioned it could be my period. But it totally look like the bleeding I had for my first pregnancy. Really confused right now Did I miscarry or was it my period which was not the normal period?? Did anyone go through something similar??? And if I wanna try again, how do I check for ovulation? Extremely confused and sad!!!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

so sorry for your loss. you might want to let your body recover before trying again. i understand why you want to try again so eagerly after the loss. i too had a mc in Feb and wanted to conceive again so badly. but i think our bodies need to recover well so that we may have a better chance to carry our rainbow baby to full term. don’t rush into it. take care!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much for your advice! Heart is breaking thinking about it but I’m trying to take some time to let go and let god decide the perfect timing for this beautiful blessing. And I hope you will be blessed at the right timing too! May we heal and be strengthened :’)

Ovulation can use strip. T line must be darker than C line. Depend on your menses cycle. Like for me my cycle is 28 days so I will use it ard day 9-15 after my menses.

2y ago

Thank you so much! Usually I will check on the Flo app but just confused about my period as it will be considered the second cycle after MC but seemed so weird.