to find out how many weeks of pregnancy

hi all, i am new becoming as mum. i havent went to doc to check about my pregnancy yet to check how many weeks already. somehow my last period is on 15 dec 2019 and i had sex intercourse on 21 dec, about 27 dec i went to see doc to have someblood test n the result it was negative that i am not pregnant. lets say i had intercouse pretty active since 21 dec 2019 till jan 14 2020. by right 12 jan my period should be come n yet it didnt, so i went to check on my own with pregnancy kits n turn out still negative. on 13 jan morning early i did try to check again n still negative. after a week which is 19 of jan 2020 i try to check n finally i am positive, so my quest is how do i count to knows how many weeks i am pregnant now as i till up today?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For many pregnancy kits, the result will only be accurate about a week after you miss your period the next month, when the pregnancy hormone level is high enough to be detected. That’s why you had multiple negative results. When you count your pregnancy estimated dates, you still use your last menstrual period date. But the scans will have a more accurate date. Now that you’re coming to 12 weeks of pregnancy, you should see a gynae soon and get a dating scan done:)

Read more
Super Mum

If you haven’t gone to see a doctor, you use your last menstrual period to estimate the dates. So, today, 3 March 2020, your estimated gestational age of your baby is 11 weeks and 2 days, and your estimated date of delivery is 20 September 2020. You should go see a doctor and get a dating scan done though, because the actual dates can be quite different sometimes

Read more
4y ago

You're welcome

Actually you can get a Clearblue digital test kit. It tells you how many weeks from conception you’re are at till week 5. After week 5, it will show as week 5+. Guess it’s probably cheaper than seeing gynae and can do 2 things - test for positive and confirm estimated weeks.

4y ago

Yes Seha you can buy those and test. It will say how many weeks on the screen of the test kit