Help in calculating pregnancy weeks!

Anyone can help calculate my pregnancy weeks? Hello! I’m currently pregnant according to the pregnancy test kits but I’m confused by how I should be calculating the pregnancy weeks because my period has always been irregular (usually 40+ days) so it should be inaccurate to calculate based on last period? According to my period tracking app I should be having my period on 12 March Some info… my last period was on 26 January. Intimate on 25 Feb & 10 March 😂 First tested very very faint positive on 17 March with clear blue ultra early. Took the clear blue digital test 20th March and was 1-2 weeks pregnant. Took again on 27th March and it already became 3+ weeks pregnant 🤨 Any inputs will be appreciated! Thank you.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My period is irregular and longer than usual so when I gave my gynae my last period based on my memory, it wasn’t accurate. For me, my gynae monitor and eventually got an even more accurate reading of your gestational age when she see things are more developing ie when she sees water sac, yolk sac, heartbeat. I used the same clear blue pregnancy test it wasn’t accurate for me too.

Read more
4w ago

In case you are wondering - I went very early to the gynae before I know heartbeat can be detected because I had previous case of miscarriage, so doctor asked me to go see her as soon as I found out I’m pregnant (using preg test kit). Literally took the test in the morning, and see her in the afternoon. It took me another 2-3 visits (once a week) to see heartbeat 💸💸💸 vs normal people I thnk only visit the gynae once every 4 weeks in the first trim if bb is all good

a bit hard to calculate, but you'll know better when u go for your dating scan in about a month's time at any hospital! can go polyclinic now to get a referral :) if too early go hospital you will not be able to see much other than a sac and yolk (before 8w) though so will need to contain your expectations

Read more
4w ago

yup that sounds like a good time! but if in between u have any pain or bleeding, just head in straight to o&g or a&e for peace of mind!

If you see a private gynae the receptionist should be able to advise you:) I called up mine last time and they asked the date and menstrual cycle and advised accordingly when to see gynae.. by estimation too