Ladies, although PMS isn't a 'common illness', it is something we all go through. Is there any remedy you take that, you feel makes symptoms like bloating, headaches etc. better?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I find that green tea helps with my PMS symptoms - especially the bloating. I don't get headaches but I do get massive discomfort in my back. I'd remedy that with exercising -- usually yoga or planking. Exercising really helps, guess it's the endorphins levels rising but I usually feel happier and more motivated to do things despite my PMS. And of course, chocolate helps as well. It's the one time in the month, I don't eat clean and indulge in as much chocolates as I want :)

Read more

It depends what I'm craving. Usually alternating salty and sweet food makes me feel better. Warm tea or coffee also helps. A nice long nap works well, too. But on workdays, placing a heating pad on my tummy while I work does wonders to ease bloating and cramps. For headaches that won't go away, lots of water and/or ibuprofen works best for me.

Read more

I always get backache during my period. Usually I use a tennis ball to help "massage" my lower back. I will stand with my back against the wall, place the tennis ball in between my back and the wall, and simply apply pressure at whichever part that is aching. Helps a great deal!

Chocolate! I never believed in it at first, but it really helps when I feel my period (and cramps) coming and my husband gets me chocolates. He says it's "to feed Satan during these 7 days".

I do get massive discomfort in my back, severe cramps, headaches and nausea. The only thing that helps me with the pain are painkillers. Unfortunately natural remedies don't work on me.

My wife just normally drinks hot water or hot honey to get rid of bloating AND chocolates for headaches