How to take a passport pic!?

Just wondering how do we take a passport photo for a new born? Doesn't seem to make sense if we have to bring him somewhere!

How to take a passport pic!?
23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I took picture of my newborn at home as we want to save the trouble. We bring the softcopies to the nearby photo printing shop and print them out. This is much cheaper too if take directly at the photo shop. Some tips while taking the picture at home: - take picture when baby is most alert so less cranky. Normally is after bath or milk feed. - wear dark color clothes and lay baby on a piece of white cloth. I just used nappy cloth. - remember must adjust baby's head so that can see both ears! This is very important else the picture will be unusable. - take a few pictures instead of one so the printing shop can help you to choose the best and suitable one.

Read more
VIP Member

I just had my daughter's passport photo taken today at the ICA HQ. There's this middle aged woman who will prop the baby in a sitting position and support the baby's neck with her hand. The youngest baby they've ever photographed was a 2 day old. That's my baby in the picture. :D If you want to take your baby's photo yourself at home, place your baby on a white piece of cloth or mahjong paper, take the photo and use this application to crop it to size. http://icphoto.tinkertanker.com

Read more
Post reply image

My baby opened his eyes during his first day. Snapped a shot used a. App call cupace to photoshop his head to another baby wearing clothings 🤣 Passport submitted on friday. Approved on sunday morning but collection is following thur. Didnt wanted to delay. Hence brought baby straight down to ica on monday. And got his passport on the spot 🤣

Read more
Super Mum

We lay baby on a white blanket and take shots.. Crop and submit to ICA for passport application. Went through successfully. Of course during the process of taking LO’s photos, we have to make sure she isn’t too tired, hungry or cranky. And be ready to take many shots just so you can filter and pick the best one :)

Read more

I put her on a white saddle as background, and choose a timing when she's most likely to be cheery and cooperative (just wake up) and start snapping non stop. Had a series of funny expressions as a result. So precious!

VIP Member

They are a lot more lenient on photo restrictions for babies, so most likely the photo will be accepted. I've seen a few badly cropped (bad editing of the background to white) photos which were accepted too.

Just use a nappy, white blanket or cloth. Take a few shots choose the best one and crop! I'm just thinking if we can use funny faces as their passport photos. Haha!

Read more

My daughter had her passport photo taken at ICA Hq to but if you could you own passport photo taking at home, using a white cloth as the background.

ICA provides a list of guidelines on how to take DIY picture https://apples.ica.gov.sg/apples/xhtml/info/photo_image.xhtml

Take picture of your newborn against a white background (just put on bed against white bed sheet/cloth)