Passport for infant

how long does it take to get passport for new born baby. my wife intend to do her confinement in malaysia hometown. :/ we need to bring our infant for check up every 2 weeks? new daddy to be. alot of doubts and concern. any seniors advise? much appreciated!!

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

depends. have to take passport photo. if go shop take will be fast if using phone app then might have a lot of rejection (due to lighting, background etc.) which will drag the process. i applied online, they will get u to collect at ica but due to covid i was granted a one time chance to receive my baby's passport at home. newborn nxt day after discharge nxt day have to go polyclinic or any other clinic to check for jaundice. then every 2-3 days follow up again for jaundice till clear. personal opinion is gg msia at this time is not a wise idea. 1) due to covid 2) newborn immune system is not strong. travelling out of home is not advisable. 3) you have to bring newborn to clinix every few days for jaundice check so if u. so in fact its quite a hassle for u and your wife. good luck daddy & mummy 😊

Read more

Took pic of baby lying on white diaper change pad using IC Photo app. Apply online, collection card arrived 4 days later. make appt for collection. Collected within 30mins.

Generally about a week, just make sure you have everything ready before you apply to speed up the process. Good luck!

VIP Member

I submit online and ready for collection in 3 days!

I gotten mine less than 2 weeks

Is very fast. Take abt a week.

VIP Member

online very fast. about a week

about 2 weeks for my case

VIP Member

online less than a week

VIP Member

Less than a week