Just tested through a home pregnancy test and the faint line on the indicator says so. But I just got married and I know my hubby wants to concentrate on building his career. He did say he do not want any kids for the first few years. I am not sure if I should tell him yet. what are your thoughts?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am Emily Leo Parsley from New York, my son had a big problem few months ago and was taken to court and found guilty it was a murdering case, all hopes was lost cuz i knew he would have to face the law and sentenced to life imprisonment, being my only son i was desperate to rescue him out of the mess, i got so many advice from friends and colleagues but thanks to Anastasia a neighbor who told me about this called Doctor Amigo, firstly i neglected not knowing what he can do to guarantee the freedom of my son, out of a desperate heart i reach out to him with heavy pains in my heart he advice and encouraged me. I gave him all the information he asked for and when he ask for money to purchase some certain stuffs then i was totally discouraged but same Anastasia told me to go on with him and i summoned courage as i have no hope anywhere, to my best of knowledge he did a special ring which he called the magic ring and delivered it to me within a week also with the instructions on how to use it, on the next hearing of my son's case victory was ours, my son was favored with his magic ring and was set free from this mess, well i don't now how he did it but the fact is that my son is with me and the case is total closed, we found favor in the sight of the judges and juries i am happy and forever be thankful to Doctor Amigo. Google his name as Dr Amigo online love spell caster to review his article

Read more

You should definitely tell your husband about your pregnancy. I don't see there is any link between having a baby will defer any careeer building opportunity unless he will be going overseas (then you will need to consider to follow him or not). Your husband might response otherwise when he receives the pregnancy news. I have a lot of friend's husband mentioned that do not want kid so soon but their reaction when the baby came is overjoyed afterall. If he insist not to want the baby, you have the right to keep your baby because you are the mother of the little live. If you husband is worrying about finance, there is always a way to work out something. Try to adjust the lifestyles or find alternatives to get additional incomes and etc. There are really alot of options to prepare and welcome the baby in terms of finances. E.g. you can get referral letter from polyclinic to be a subsidised patient which is cost almost less than 1k for whole pregnancy and delivery. My hubby and I married young and had a baby right after both graduated from a master degree. We don't have any financial foundation at all as we just started to work. We slowly build up from the start. Although we don't enjoy luxurious things and send our babies to different enrichment classes, but the joy brought by children is really worth everything.

Read more
VIP Member

I'll say that you should probably have it checked out first - maybe confirm it with an ultrasound scan or blood test (sometimes, there can be false positives, it happens!). After it's been confirmed, then talk to your husband about it. I know sometimes, we feel like we shouldn't tell our partners because of the added pressure and stress that we may add - but at the same time, he is the father of the child and has the right to know about it. Sit down and have a calm chat together and discuss what your next steps would be - while it may not be planned, sometimes these things happen because they are meant to (I'm a single mother). Discuss about things before you make any decision together as a couple, and support each other through whatever decision you end up making :)

Read more

He said he did not want kids yet, he did not say he didn't want kids at all. Since it has already come, maybe it's just meant to be? No point worrying about it since it's a fact, and he's your hubby so he should definitely be hand in hand together with you on this. Try to talk things out, let him know you are pregnant. Maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise. Having a baby may not be a hindrance to his career. From my experience, it is actually a motivating factor for him to strive at work. It is pride and joy for a man to provide for his family. :)

Read more

Agree with Jamie, if he doesn't want kids in the short run, should have exercise precaution. Agree with Diana also that baby has nothing to do with his building his career because ultimately it will be you not him who has to be around for the baby. If he is worried about finances, Ya, it might eat into some finances, but you can work it to balance it - like home cook instead of eating out, buy less stuff and etc. He has a right to know and he should know because it is a shared responsibility. Don't drag it for it might get into a problem later.

Read more
VIP Member

If he didn't want any kids, he should have taken precautions. A baby is a shared responsibility. Yes, you should tell him immediately so the both of you can decide on the next course of action. Why are you afraid of telling him? Are you afraid that he might suggest an abortion? My thoughts are that the both of you should sit down and talk this out. It is tiring, but extremely rewarding. I would treat the baby as a blessing even if it was unplanned.

Read more

I think the first thing that you should do is see a doctor to confirm that you are 100% pregnant and if you are, confront your husband. sometimes, unexpected things happen. life doesn't always lead us to things that we want you just have to face it and besides a baby is a blessing. i don't think having a baby will be a hindrance to his career, it would actually serve as an inspiration for him.

Read more

tell him, he don't have an option anyway. it's his child and responsibility. my pregnancy isn't planned also but my partner soon realizes that he's already a father and he now know his priorities. he's now too concerned about the baby and my delicate pregnancy and he's so excited about the future. so don't hesitate.

Read more

Hello U should tell ur hubby as its a shared responsibility...if ur preg is of about 45 days u should use mtp pills by taking ur docs consultation...nd its totally safe...its true dat aborting ur first child may results sometym in difficulty in conceiving further but its in case of instrumental abortion cases

Read more

Oh you should find a best time to tell him. Whatever he may think, being a mom is something special and not all women have a chance. Think it in a good way, and eventhough u just got pregnant, your baby does feel what u feel and carry that for his/her whole life. So be positive and smile !