Just tested through a home pregnancy test and the faint line on the indicator says so. But I just got married and I know my hubby wants to concentrate on building his career. He did say he do not want any kids for the first few years. I am not sure if I should tell him yet. what are your thoughts?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should definitely tell your husband about your pregnancy. I don't see there is any link between having a baby will defer any careeer building opportunity unless he will be going overseas (then you will need to consider to follow him or not). Your husband might response otherwise when he receives the pregnancy news. I have a lot of friend's husband mentioned that do not want kid so soon but their reaction when the baby came is overjoyed afterall. If he insist not to want the baby, you have the right to keep your baby because you are the mother of the little live. If you husband is worrying about finance, there is always a way to work out something. Try to adjust the lifestyles or find alternatives to get additional incomes and etc. There are really alot of options to prepare and welcome the baby in terms of finances. E.g. you can get referral letter from polyclinic to be a subsidised patient which is cost almost less than 1k for whole pregnancy and delivery. My hubby and I married young and had a baby right after both graduated from a master degree. We don't have any financial foundation at all as we just started to work. We slowly build up from the start. Although we don't enjoy luxurious things and send our babies to different enrichment classes, but the joy brought by children is really worth everything.

Read more