Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are 2 separate issue stated here. 1. Marriage - Man cheating on woman, divorce is certainly a viable option. I will lean towards divorce if the marriage is toxic. If both of you are in good terms, maybe counseling can help. 2. Welfare of the child after divorce. Given the fact that he is a good father, I strongly suggest both of you work on a parenting plan to give the children the warmth of both family. Just because 1 party committed adultery that does not does not meant they are bad parents. I have read cases where by the adulterer gets care and control of the child. Bottom line, come up with shared care and control plan, whereby the children continue to experience the love of both parents. Don't fight over custody when there is no violence, end up the children suffer, both parties suffer, judges have headache and lawyers laught their way to the bank. fight over matrimonial assets all you want but leave the children out of it!

Read more