Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My heart goes out to you... My Husband did exactly the same thing and he went from one affair to another during and soon after my pregnancy. I earned more than him too. I tried to bend over backwards and make things work - even to the extent of going for marriage Counselling while he moved in with his Girlfriend. I had to quit eventually and my Daughter is almost 5 now. I get no support from him, no alimony, no parenting time... But I am very happy and content and my child is growing up in a loving home with a devoted mum, adoring grand parents and a loving helper. She misses her dad and sometimes gets upset but it is momentary and I know that her life state is very happy. If I had stayed on in that toxic marriage my child would have seen and felt the silent rage/distress/pain in the home. Home is meant to be safe, like the womb. Do yourself a favour and leave this man. He doesn't love or respect you Nor does he prioritise his commitment to his child. If you think he is an amazing Father and you two can be great friends then sure, be in close proximity but your child deserves a happy, self respecting Mother too

Read more