Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I know that once a person betrayed my trust, it will be difficult for me to fully trust the person again. There will always be a lingering doubt whether the same thing will happen. That will not be healthy for a relationship. Therefore, I would choose to leave if I were in your shoes. In addition, I personally feel that divorce may not be the worst choice (in some cases) for children. Being raised in a loveless environment may not be any better. Therefore, you may also want to consider if you could move past this incident if you decide to stay in this marriage. Whether or not things could be worked out between you and your husband. Consider marriage counseling if you feel professional intervention is worth a try. No matter what you decide, stay strong and take care of yourself!

Read more