TTC aft miscarriage.

Hi. Ive had a mc 3 months ago but recently we started ttc for this cycle and ive got faint positives for the past days. My period due date is tmr. Could i possibly be pregnant? Using watsons house brand. Dont know how accurate it is. If i am preg, is it possible to see a gynae now or should i wait a week after my period due date? Not sure if i can see the gynae so soon? The last time i visited when i was a week late. Im so afraid i will end up mc again... so just want to know if gynae can prescribe some meds when u just turn preg to ensure pregnancy runs smoothly.. ? First time ttc after miscarriage so im not really sure what should i do now. I am also changing my gynae as i dont really like my previous one.. Pls advice on what i should do next.. thank u so much.

TTC aft miscarriage.
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, congrats! Just to share, I had 2 miscarriages before at 18weeks & 8 weeks. I am currently 32weeks pregnant. During my first trimester I had brown spotting. I saw my gynae for first appt when I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. No point going too early as the gynae will do urine test & scan (which you might end up see nothing as it's still early). My gynae gave me dydrogesterone tables & progesterone injection (once every 1-2 weeks apart) to stabilize my pregnancy. At the meantime, try to relax. Don't stress. Just try to rest more!

Read more
Super Mum

Hi dear... big hug for you. For now, you’ll need to take folic acid (can buy from pharmacy without prescription) and make sure you eat well. It’s a bit too early to see a gynae at present (usually they want to see you at about 8 weeks?).. you might want to repeat your test a few days after you’ve missed your period. That might be more accurate too. Hope to hear your good news soon:)

Read more

Hi! maybe you can pop by KKH O&G and ask if you could do a blood test for HCG level? if via urine test, it may be too early to detect well. Blood test can detect as early as 3 to 4 weeks preggy I.e. 2 weeks after conception. Can ask them for pills to strengthen the pregnancy too.

I went at week 5… could only see a sac… but gynae gave me some duphaston pills to support the pregnancy before she saw me for the next visit.

Super Mum

Is a very big positive. Congratulations!