Heavy blooding = miscarriage?

I am on week 5. Been experiencing bleeding two day ago and started heavy bleeding just like period flow since yesterday. Went to see Gynae and got some med and 1 week of bed rest. But so far the med is not working. I am still bleeding very heavily. Really worried that I might experience a miscarriage already. Doc asked me to go back in a week time but wondering if I should revisit earlier, though not sure if I can handle the news. Anyone experienced this and how to stay motivated? I am just on low esteem and in constant tears that it hurts my eyes so badly

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve experienced the same. I used the 1week ish to prep myself - my gut tells me that it has already happened and there was nothing that I could do to prevent it. When the day comes, i accepted the news - besides, I’m in my late 20s and so I believe I’m young and could try again. True enough, got pregnant not long after. So, if the news is not in your favour, don’t give up yet! It’s ok to try again :))

Read more

I went through the same thing. I bled heavily like menses for 2 weeks before the bad news but it was expected as it was my 2nd experiencing the same thing. I even went to different hospitals for 2nd opinion but both said the same and I was also given the same meds. Referred to the fetal care centre for a thorough scan and all we saw was debris

Read more