Is it okay to feed a 4-year-old nilagang baka or sinigang na baboy? Thanks!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

NO! not recommended. Bumabara po sa puso ung mga taba ng baka etc. You might wonder baka ung iba nagkakaroon ng heart disease. Red meats such as beef, pork, have more bad saturated fat and cholesterol. Maybe once every 2 weeks is okay but should not be frequent. Kapag lumamig kitang kita nyo naman kung paano namumuti ang mga taba nito. That's what happened as soon as it enters young system and others too.

Magbasa pa

Introducing variety of viands or food to your little one is just fine; for them to be familliar to its taste. Specially with yours who is already 4 years old. Just make sure that there's no preservatives and that you are using natural ingredients to your sinigang. Happy eating!

Magbasa pa

NO! not recommended. Bumabara po sa puso ung mga taba ng baka etc. You might wonder baka ung iba nagkakaroon ng heart disease. Red meats such as beef, pork, have more bad saturated fat and cholesterol. Maybe once every 2 weeks is okay but should not be frequent.

Definitely. In fact, after the baby's first year, it's already safe to introduce most food. Giving wide variety of choices can make your baby less of a picky eater so go ahead and feed whatever your kid likes :)

Definitely, yes. My baby's pedia recommended that my baby start having a few spoons of nilaga, tinola and even those with sauce as early as 6-7 months. Just be careful not to put salt or any seasoning.

Yes, however, please use minimal seasoning. You can also separate the kid's share before you add seasoning. Please also encourage the kid to eat the vegetables and not just the meat.

Yes, he needs more protein in that age due to physical and hyper activities and we all know that both pork and beef are rich in protein.

Yes! Perfectly fine. As long as no additives like MSG in the soup. Though for sinigang you can start with a minimal sour taste. :)

VIP Member

Yes. Just make sure the meat is well cooked and tender enough for your kid to chew/swallow safely.

i don't see anything wrong with that. He or she is old enough to eat almost anything at four.