Is it a must to bring baby to take the vaccine on time other than delaying it like for a month for the 4th months vaccine? thanks in advance.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Is there a pressing reason to not bring baby for the vaccine? (Other than baby being sick on that day) If there isn’t, I’d strongly recommend sticking to the schedule, because the diseases that these vaccines protect baby from can be very dangerous and life threatening. There are also many vaccines within these next 3 months, so if you delay the current ones, everything gets pushed back. If the reason’s COVID-19, the disease is going to be around for the whole year, so I don’t think pushing it back by 1 month has more benefit compared to having the vaccine now. Take all the precautions, stand far away from other people, use the baby carrier and make baby face towards you.. wash your hands.. you and baby should be fine:) This period, I had to bring my baby for vaccines 3 times. She’s healthy and fine.. and I’m glad we also got the pneumococcal vaccine to protect her from getting pneumonia from that bug. Your question is very valid, and I hope that you’ll take courage to bring baby to get protected from all these other bugs that are pretty nasty too. Stay safe, dear ❤️

Read more

If there is a need to delay u should check w the nurse or doctor. If it clashes w ur personal schedule then maybe u might wana consider for certain jabs do at the private clinics caz at polyclinic if u miss the appointment it can be quite a long time till the next vaccine. Do keep in mind that ur child is not protected against the sickness unless he finishes the vaccines for that sickness

Read more

Hi for all the vaccines, you can refer to the baby's health booklet for the duration of time the baby has to take. There were a few occasions I could not make it at the stipulated time so the nurse had to give me another date n advised me to do it within the given timing. Bear in mind that if u delay one injection it might spill over to the others.

Read more

Hi! Any reason why you are considering delaying the vaccination? I think you can speak to the nurses/doctors regarding this. Mostly likely, it should be fine as long as the schedule shot is taken within 6 months.

VIP Member

I just went for my baby’s 4th month jab, rota 2nd dosage and 5in1. Best is follow the time frame given. There’s specific time by when you need to get the rota 2nd dosage. Maybe you can call them to check.

You should ask the doctor. If you delay then everything will be pushed. I was delayed for my boy as he was always sick. Also when i used to live in jb travelling was difficult. If you can dont delay.

VIP Member

It depends on the vaccine, because some vaccines (especially if it's a booster/2nd dose) have a timeframe that they have to be taken by - the best is to call the clinic up and check!

VIP Member

I went on time. But some of colleagues mentioned it is ok to delay some, depending on the readiness of your child. Because they mentioned some vaccines are too strong for child....

Depends on whether the vaccine has a time frame. Anyway most of my vaccine is delayed for a mth cuz it's so hard to fix an appt at the polyclinic.

Yes take on schedule for best protection. Boosters are meant to remind the body's immune system so not advisable to delay.