Is it common to experience swelling feet in week 18 of your pregnancy?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, it is quite common. This is known as Edema (Swelling in Feet & Ankles). http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/edema.aspx As your body tissues accumulate fluid (your pregnant body requires extra fluid to support you and your baby), you may notice swelling in your ankles and feet (fluid tends to pool there thanks to the law of gravity). Reduce water retention in your feet by avoiding standing or sitting for long periods — and try to keep your legs elevated when you can. Excessive swelling can be one sign of preeclampsia – but when it is, it's accompanied by a variety of other symptoms (such as elevated blood pressure, rapid weight gain and protein in the urine).

Read more

Yes its common mine started @ 35 weeks and can't even wear flat shoes only big slippers. Always put your legs on pillow whiles sleeping or a low seat whiles sitting

It's common for such to occur but it is very early at 18 weeks, kindly contact your health care provider

I think it's common but yours sounds too early...try and reduce your walks and heavy work

I think it is too early swollen feet should start from second trimester my opinion thou

TapFluencer

do elevate your legs whenever possible e.g. legs on a pillow when sitting or lying down

VIP Member

It is pretty common, but thankfully, my feet size remained the same throughout pregnancy.

Depends on your body I Guess. However make sure you don’t sit or stand for Long.

Every pregnancy is different it's all depends on the others body

I think its too early i have just experience it at 25 weeeks