Is it advisable to feed babies puree which can be commonly found in Cold Storage?

Post image
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not advisable to feed baby food jar. Profits are the most important consideration in the eyes of baby food manufacturers. To cut costs they replace real food with water and thickening agents/starches. Most often, the starches are refined rice, refined corn and refined wheat. These substances are devoid of the outer layers of the grain, with preservatives and bleach commonly added during processing. Making baby food in bulk dilutes the nutrient density of foods. It will be best to make fresh puree or even frozen home cooked puree are better than food jars. For more information, you can read them here: http://www.thealphaparent.com/2013/02/the-truth-about-baby-food-jars.html

Read more

I did feed from these food jar before. It's actually okay to feed them these. But i personally felt it too sweet for a baby. Secondly, it's a little pricey to be buying these purees everyday. It will be economical to do fresh batch and freeze them to other day usage

Read more

It is not advisable to feed too much baby food jars. I prefer to cook and make fresh puree for baby. It is healthier and also more pocket friendly. Ok, if need them for traveling. Try those organic food pouches.

for travelling and going out the food pouches are very handy. i personally prefer buying organic- i like the bellamys brand. it takes the stress out of preparing and is really convenient.

VIP Member

nestle contains too much sugar...best to stay away from it....try other organic brands thats available....but i would advice to give LO maybe once or twice a week and not everyday

VIP Member

I only buy ready made puree incase travelling or for emergency. Normally i make home-made then store in freezer so if im not around my helper will just steam/heat it up 😊

use bottled food only when travelling, make it fresh when at home ... afterall, they are your little precious ones :)

VIP Member

usually i make ut fresh...its tiring...but benefits for the child...tried giving Gerber brand, lo doesnt like it.

this puteri vry super Licious.😋😋😋😋😋😋

i prefer homemade