Is investing in a breastfeeding pillow a good idea? Is it really worth it?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Useful during our first two months, those times when I turned into a mombie. There were times that I couldn't help but sleep while he nurses using the pillow. But as he grew, he'd just slump deep into the pillow, plus the fact that he has his mood for some eccentric nursing positions. So right now, we don't use it anymore as a breastfeeding paraphernalia. My advice: still get one. It serves a lot of purpose. Pillow, aide for your baby's tummy time, pillow support for his/her back as he sits.

Read more

I have a hand-me-down My Breast Friend pillow. It helped me alot especially during the 1st 2 weeks. It helped me with positioning my baby for a good latch and helped to relieve the strain on my arms when carrying the baby. However, I only used it for less than 2 months. My baby is too tall for it then (i have a tall baby). I switched to using our adult pillows thereafter and i am still using the adult pillows now as support (my baby is 1 year old now).

Read more

I feel it's good for first time mummy or mummy bm for the first time. It helped me a lot because I couldn't get the right posture, leading to lo's and my own frustrations. The mileage is quite short because ur lo outgrown it very soon or as soon as you know how to position ur lo, you don't need it. So it will be good if you borrow from a Friend to try or buy preloved ones. My Brest Friend pillow is recommended by my friend's lactation consultant.

Read more

You can get a pre loved one brestfriend pillow from carousel. It help you to relieve baby weight and latching handfree too . Baby can rest on it too during latching. It can be tired to carry them during each of the latch on session . However, when baby outgrown, the pillow will not give you strong support, and it will be time for you to go without the pillow. Lastly, I will encourage you to get one.

Read more

I think it's worth it, sometimes baby just have to nurse at higher position to reach your nipples and holding like 5kg (1bag of rice) and letting baby feed is tiring. Alternatively you can also use a pillow to prop up your arms but just be careful and make sure it's stable (if more than 1 pillow). Some mothers are selling lightly used ones so if you are not fussy, get those instead.

Read more

I'm using my breastfriend nursing pillow and its my life saver.. I can almost be handsfree when I'm bfding.. I also feel that it helps to prevent mummy wrist problem as I dont need to be in the holding position for so long.. Just dont get the U shaped type which I find it quite useless as u still need to use ur hand to make sure its in position most of the time..

Read more

For my first 2 i use nursing pillow and i think is very useful. For my 3rd one i went to uma at mother n child and use a upright position to latch so the pillow was not necessary. I would think the latching postion is helpful especially when u are outside no pillow ard. If you can get the hang of upright latching then pillow is not required.

Read more

My friend advised me against getting one but I still went ahead... In the end, it wasn't getting used. The height of the brestfriend was not right for me, I have a short torso (I'm 1.64m) but I either had to bend forward or stuff pillow underneath to get the baby at the right height to latch. It was a waste of money for me...

Read more

I'm a first time mum and My Brest Friend pillow really help with positioning and latching when baby is small and still learning. Plus, I have muscle strain on both arms so using this pillow help give my arms some rest. I guess it'll turn to a baby tummy time pillow when baby gets heavier and his latch stable.

Read more
VIP Member

I guess you only use within 1st month. After you know the easy and convenient ways to latch your child, you will find breastfeeding pillow very extra and stood ways. My friend pass to me, after full month, hide in the cupboard already. Alternately you can use normal pillow as it, it's work the same :)

Read more