Is UV bottles sterilizer worth investing?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I have a UV bottle steriliser and it is SO convenient. I love it. It also doubles up as a storage rack, so I don't have to use tongs to pick out the bottles or dry them on a rack. All I need to do is wash the bottles with a liquid accessory cleanser and pop it into the UV steriliser. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes and you can choose a longer cycle if you need. Yes, I would highly recommend it. I'm using Haenim, but there's this brand called Hanil which also comes with an additional 3M HEPA filter. http://sg.theasianparent.com/the-best-sterilisers-in-the-market-shopping-guide-special/

Read more
Post reply image

IMO, a UV sterilizer/dryer is good only if: 1) You have lots of bottles to sterilize at the same time. A steam sterilizer can normally take max 5 bottles. The UV sterilizer can take abt 6-8 bottles. 2) You need to sterilize & dry the items at the same time. E.g. Pump parts need to be sterilized & dried before assembly. It’s also impossible to wash & sterilize pump tubings with a steam sterilizer as they don’t dry easily. Other than above 2 pts, a steam sterilizer works well too.

Read more

I have a Hanil UV steriliser and I love it! It's convenient! It dries and sterilises in 45 minutes. I've loaded 3 feeding bottles, 6 storage bottles, 2 flanges and membranes, plus the teats and bottle covers, to fully maximise the space in the steriliser before switching it on. I've put baby's toys, especially her teethers in the steriliser and it's clean and dry for her to use. If you're planning to get, be warned that the ones on qoo10 comes with Korean manuals only.

Read more

I use a Babymoov sterilizer that costs $79.90 and I can also use it as a storage rack. Doesn't take very long to sterilize too, probably 15 minutes or so depending on how much water I put in it. Of course in terms of the sterilisation it cannot be compared to a uv one (can't see the difference anyway haha), but since generations sterilizers have been used so don't see the need for such a professional one. :)

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

The other advantage of investing in a UV steriliser is that it can also be used to sterilise other items such as toothbrushes, soft toys and other knick-knacks. Therefore, it can be used even after the baby has grown into a child. It's very common in Korea.

VIP Member

Yes! But if tight on budget, can consider getting this on SuperMom website. Only $199 including delivery. I bought another brand previously, close to $300, still had to self collect..

Post reply image

For me it's a yes! I have mine and its soo comfy and safe.. coz u can store your bottles ,pacifier and etc. Plus it can be use sterilize other things too~! Worth the price ~^^

Post reply image

I have used both Steam Steriliser and UV Steriliser & Dryer. I preferred the latter. It's the post cleaning of items handling easier as its dry.

I have the haenim uv sterilizer and I love it. It also helps to dry and store. totally worth the price! :)

No, the best way to sterilized the baby bottle using boiling water.